Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Me = Dumbass

Let me start by posting a yummy recipe for oreo truffles:



Ingredients:


1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted


MIX 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls.
DIP balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover melted chocolate can be stored in tightly covered container at room temperature and saved for another use.) Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator.


Sounds good right? But only if you actually use Semi-sweet Chocolate rather than unsweetened chocolate. I made these for the Superbowl party we went to on Sunday. I made half with the chocolate and half with the white chocolate. I've made these before and the white have always been my favorite so that's all I had eaten up until about a half hour ago. I bit in to one of the chocolate ones and my mouth was violated. I feel so bad for anyone who had a chocolate one - Randy included. Sorry!! I'm usually a stellar baker, but I guess we all have to screw it up every once in a while...

No comments: